Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Bucket List













Well, some friends at school have been talking about their "bucket list" and what's on them. Several it seems want a tattoo--EEEEEW--NO!! That's too much pain for the girl that had to be bribed when going to get a booster shot. The days are still fresh in my mind when I would ask my mom where we were going and she would say, "Oh just driving around!" Then we made the terrible turn toward the doctor's office.
Well, back to the list. I made the statement back in the fall that I wanted to run/walk the 5K Cowtown. It's no big deal to runners but to this "older" woman it is! So, this morning Danny and I did it. I'm so glad he "volunteered" to do this with me. We awoke to temperatures in the high 30's and the wind blowing 30mph! Great day for a run, right. We ate a good breakfast and were off to Downtown Fort Worth.
We did almost freeze and we sucked in a lot of cold air but we finished in 51.10 minutes! Now I know that's not fast--but we weren't last--not even close!Ha! Lots of people there to cheer us on--even some SFA fans. You can tell by my picture why they knew I was an SFA supporter. Would you believe at the finish line we heard someone call our names. Later, we saw that person and he was someone we knew from Nacogdoches! His son and Britt played ball together! His wife was running right behind us! It truly is a small world.
So, this item on my Bucket List is done. I will do more of these. In fact, I'm already committed to one in Oct.!
Here are a few pictures!

2 comments:

The Coopers said...

Good for you guys! I had some friends that were there with you. Wow I did not know you were even doing it. It was so cold and I am so proud of you both.
Doesn't it feel great to finish one. I ran one after Carson was born and loved it. Maybe I will do another one some day with you.

Melodie said...

yay for you! i think i am going to try one very soon.