
Well, last Saturday, Feb, 7th, Mom celebrated her 90th birthday! Wow! What a blessing to still have her and in pretty good health. She never ceases to amaze me with what she can do at her age. She told me the week before that she decided that she could clean her own house and so she told the lady that had been coming about once a month she no longer needed her. So, before the party, she cleaned the entire house. It looked better than what it had in a long time. I figured out that her energy level came from getting a call from the doctor earlier saying she was in good health. She had blood work done and he was concerned about her throyid. But all was fine!
We had a great time. About 75 family members and friends came to her house for punch and cake. So many brought cards and notes of love and encouragement. She said yesterday that she counted over 50 that she received in the mail and on that day. Mom said over and over, "I never knew I did anything special for these people to come and write such sweet notes!" Well, she has and she continues to be a sweet, sweet lady and mother.
My desire is to live my life like hers--a Christian wife, mother, grandmother, and friend. I pray that we can celebrate when she turns 100!! She is my role model for life!
Enjoy a few pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment