We made these in class last week and the kids loved them. I should have taken a picture but maybe you can get a mental picture.
Ingredients:
marshmallow
black twizzlers or pretzels
M&Ms
chocolate morsels
wax paper
Place the marshmallow on the wax paper. Cut the twizzlers or pretzels in small pieces and place 8 around the marshmallow for the spider legs. Place the M&Ms on the marshmallow for the eyes. Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the marshmallow. Now, it doesn't look exactly like a spider but teaching the kids that spiders have 8 legs which means they are not insects is fun. I made a huge deal out of us eating spiders. Even told them that while they were in PE I found some big ones! It was so much fun to watch them.
I love 1st graders!! Besides one told me yesterday that I was gorgemus! He made my day.
Oh well, have fun cooking with your kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm totally doing this with the girls and our play group. What a cute idea.
Also, you ARE gorgemus! :)
too fun and cute!! gorgemus, how funny!! well you are:) and we love you bunches here at this house!
Post a Comment