Reflecting on Thanksgiving once again makes me realize how blessed I am with so much. Danny and I always thank God for our health. We are so blessed to be healthy--yes we both take meds for blood pressure and other things but still we are able to each work two jobs and enjoy life.
I am blessed to have a husband that makes life fun. After 35 years (WOW~~has it really been that long!!) he still makes me laugh. Of course, there are times he makes me mad and makes me cry but those are not often. We have found that laughter truly cures a lot of problems. I have learned not to take some things so serious.
I am blessed to have a mom that is, for the most part, healthy and enjoys life at the age of 89. Even though she has been alone for almost 2 years, she keeps a positive attitude.
I have a brother and sister in law(she is really a sister) that step in so many times to help mom while I am working and can't always be readily available.
I could go on forever about family because we all get along so well. Danny's family is the same way. We just all truly love each other.
Of course, our sweet grown son, Britt. He has blessed our lives so much as we have watched him mature and begin to find his way in life. He is thoughtful and loving.
Finally, our friends. Friendship is not treasured nearly enough by many people. We are blessed beyond all we can imagine by friends that love us, pray for us, and lend a hand when we need one.
At the very top of my list is my thankfulness for God sending His Son, Jesus, to offer eternal life. Where would I/we be without the guidance and love of sweet Jesus.
So, as the day of Thanks approaches, take time to remember what you have--not material things --but things that cannot be replaced and hold on to them a little tighter.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sweet! I am thankful for you, Aunt Phyllis and your goofy sidekick! :) Can't wait to see you at Christmas!
Post a Comment